Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
That is funny ? I use the Magnet on the end of my Points Ignition screw driver . << worked few times . But then I just spent, last Xmass Day , In the E.R.
Man it Suck's ! Remind ya , not only do you gotta wear um ? But they have too be Pushed Tight , Against Bridge of your Nose / AKA Forehead .
Upside Down or Under the Car > Goggles, and face, sheild, should be worn !
Reminder , Eye protection is not perfect ! Every time , it's happend too me ? I was wearin, my Eye Protection !!!!
So Dont forget too Switch your brain on , when you Put your Eye protection on !
If Spark's are Richochetteing Under a Car ?? Move, too a better posistion ETC.
Nothin , Worse in the World ! Just be aware that havin it on ? Isnt enough !
Can still happen too you ! As in more than 4 or 5 times , over your life spann ! No matter how carefull you are, Can still happen !
Sorry Still a Fresh Wound ! Xmass day was, absolutely the Worst ever !!!

Sean

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
At work we're required to wear double eye protection whenever we're doing that creates flying debris, usually safety glasses and a face shield. If we're working with chemicals then it's goggles and a face shield. It seems like overkill but they enforce it for a reason...

·
41' Chevy Master DeLuxe Tudor
123 Posts
Safety glasses aren't as stupid looking as they were back in high school machine shop class. A friend of mine is the safety engineer at work and he'll come up with a new style of safety glasses to try out. He is kind enough to share them with me so I can try them out at home. His motto is Be Safe at Work and Home. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have taken to wearing ear plugs when grinding and torching as well . Got a slag nugget in the ear while torching under the car . Man that hurt for a long time ,your ear is a nice moist place for infection to set in and it did . I suffered for a month with it.

Needless to say have lost some hearing .Now I'm extra careful

·
41' Chevy Master DeLuxe Tudor
123 Posts
Stroker56,
Very good point. I always forget about that until a hot bb drops down the ole ear canal. Been fortunate not to have an ear infection to go with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sean's said:
That is funny ? I use the Magnet on the end of my Points Ignition screw driver . << worked few times . But then I just spent, last Xmass Day , In the E.R.
Man it Suck's ! Remind ya , not only do you gotta wear um ? But they have too be Pushed Tight , Against Bridge of your Nose / AKA Forehead .
Upside Down or Under the Car > Goggles, and face, sheild, should be worn !
Reminder , Eye protection is not perfect ! Every time , it's happend too me ? I was wearin, my Eye Protection !!!!
So Dont forget too Switch your brain on , when you Put your Eye protection on !
If Spark's are Richochetteing Under a Car ?? Move, too a better posistion ETC.
Nothin , Worse in the World ! Just be aware that havin it on ? Isnt enough !
Can still happen too you ! As in more than 4 or 5 times , over your life spann ! No matter how carefull you are, Can still happen !
Sorry Still a Fresh Wound ! Xmass day was, absolutely the Worst ever !!!

Sean
The worst headache I ever had was from having a sliver of metal removed from my eye. I was wearing my safety glasses and grinding on an old grill guard. I felt it hit my eye and thought I had gotten it out. The next day it was still bothering me so I went to the eye doctor. Sure enough, it was a sliver of metal. He used this wierd contraption that was like a big fat pencil with a sharp needle sticking out the end and dug it out of my eye. He said it went through the third layer of my cornea and was very close to my pupil. I had to wear a medicated contact for a day or two after that and I had the worst headache for a while that I have ever had. I have some scar tissue in my eye from that incident. For the longest time, my vision would be slightly blurred in that eye when I was in dimly lit areas. I think this is because the pupil would dialate and the scar tissue would show up in my vision. It isn't bad now. However, I have had my eyes examined a few times since, and every eye Dr. said that they can see the scar tissue in that eye. Even though I was wearing my safety glasses at the time, I now wear a face shield as well as the safety glasses together. I don't want to have to go through that again. :drunk:

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,324 Posts
When I think of things in the eye, this is a classic. David Bowie on stage with a lollipop in his eye that was thrown by a fan.

Brian

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I believe underwire brassieres were invented just prior to WWII by Howard Hughes for use by Jane Russell in the classic film "The Outlaw". They couldn't find any undergarment to satisfactorily display Ms. Russell's gazongos in the hayloft scene so he took a few minutes and came up with the modern staple of the bra business for the next 60 years or so, well heck even today.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Safety glasses aren't as stupid looking as they were back in high school machine shop class.
This is what I wear at work. Harley Davidson safety glasses. What I like about them is that they wrap around the sides somewhat. And they are stylish. A little more costly at $14.00 a pair but they are comfortable and stylish. So if you have to wear them at work, get something that you like and fits well.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Kevin,

My big gripe is my safety glasses, goggles, and face shield all get scratched up so easily that they become difficult to see through. What are those Harley lenses made of and do they hold up to a lot of grinding dust and debris?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts