Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm a swede that share an interest in american muscle cars. I have a black 1975 lt Camaro with the standard 350 / 350 combo.
The engine only has a performer intake (like the aluminum, i know it doesnt do much for the performance) comp cams 256 camshaft and a quadrajet, headers and freeflow 2.5 double exhaust. I'm now going to rebuild the engine once more and im planing to build it with fully ported Performer RPM heads (10:1 compression flattop pistons), same camshaft but with 1.6 pro magnum roller rockers and a holley vac 750. I'm hoping to achive around 400 hp. This is going down in my camaro with a 2200 converter and shiftkit th350. Il be running with the stock 2.73 gears (for now, i know they are a bit low... =( its a budget thing ). Does anyone have an idéa about quarter mile estimations? Im hoping to get high or middle 13 sec times.. is this possible with this combo or will the low gears hurt the times to much?
/
WestbayCruiser (paying 1.5 dollars per liter (4,2 liters per gallon) ARRGGHH!!)

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
sounds like a bit too much carb and a too little cam for 400 horse. Heads will definately get you there. Plan on spinning about 6000RPM.

K

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will a 600 vac cut it?

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
uhhh well if you do put a lump cam in it (put a 292 comps in it, it will sound radical and perform the way you want) then you can keep the 750 if its a vac sec carb. Other than that I'd go with the 670 road demon

K

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok... i have a 650 dp carb for a nice price, im not really fond of dp carbs though.. what i have experinced are that theyr gas gusslers.. so we will have to se.. a 292 is maybe a wee bit to much cam for my heavy car... i really need the torque.. maybe a 12-242-2 ? with 1,6 rockers? Maybe a team g intake? to boost the hp at the mid range? (alot of "?" hehe)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts