Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone I thought it proper to give everyone a thank you for the help I recieved on here. It has been one week to the hour since my car came back to life. At 12:30 last wed. the engine was fired and the Chevelle came back to life after a month nap. It seems all that rest did it some good :rolleyes: and it gained a few point while in the the operating table or should I say engine stand.

Everything went well cam broke in very nicely and everything was set just right at start up. Turned it over and it roared after the cam break in I set it up further and have now got it running great.

It idles out of gear at 900RPM's and at a stop light warm 700. It by far has been the biggest undertaking and improvment I have made to my car and it was well worth the time and money to do it. It has exelent street maners but will break the tires loose on command.

I wanted to give a thank you to all those who helped me along the way to pick parts and set things up correctly I always got an anwser when I was most at need I wanted to thank everyone for the support and without this board I don't think I would have been up for doing a project like this by myself but I now feel very good about it and am darn well proud of it.

For those who would like to know my set up,
Top to bottom
K&N air filter (like I really need to put that :spank:
650 DP Holley
edelbrock performer intake
Crane Full roller rockers
Summit hardened psh rods
AFR 195cc 74cc Chambers Straight plug Street addition
Comp. cams 270H Magnum camshaft(slight lobe very nie manners)
Cloyes true double roller timing chain
MSD full ING system
Hooker std. Headers
2.5 pipes into 30 ser. Flowmaster
BeCool Rad 4 core

That about covers it I must add that I am VERY pleased with all my parts and the workmenship they had was impressive it went smoothly and runs great starts with no problem and can idle all day long and of course no smoke lol.

Here are a few pictures for everyone

Thanks again!

Chris

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got back my power was out for 36 hours after the 1st storm hit and then it took out my DSL so I have been without internet for almost a week. Then I get online and the board is down geezs lol. Lots to catch up on here im just glad I got to take the car out before everything froze over!

Chris

·
Registered
74 Posts
That looks like a sweet ride and congrats on the engine build. There is nothing better than completing a task like that. It is good for the soul.

Looks great and congratulation again.

Pappy

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I know only I have to like it but it's nice hearing it from other people too lol. Next project is the rear and then trans. Then back to engine so in other words a few years worth of work lol. Nice to hear the other project on here are going well too. Happy hot rodding!

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts