Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here it is, the last of three Mustangs. This one is a 1973 Ford Mustang Mach1. I call this one about half of a car but what is left is pretty good. It has a 351 cleveland 4-barrel and not much rust on the body parts. Do you think it can be fixed?

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
The half in the 1st picture ...maybe.

The half in the 2nd picture...maybe...........with a lot more work..............hey, I'm an optimist.

Is it worth it.................NO.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm sure you can find a better 73 Mach to start with. Even up here with the salt and crap that just kills bodies you can find a really good starting point for 2 G's or less. I'd keep that one for parts. The 4V 351-c is a lot of fun as I'm currently discovering. You can make a lot of HP with just a cam and headers. Do you have the trans? Manual or automagic? The front end looks good. Two out of four of the fancy rims too. I'd like to put those on mine, but the 15" version. Those cars are cool enough to convert a devout Chevy guy...well, at least partially convert.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Anything can be rebuilt. I just finished a convertable that came in as a frame, firewall and rear end from the doors back.
After this one I now think anything can be done with time, a little skill and money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Part that thing out! Move the fenders and whatever interior is left along with the wheels. Even though the cars are getting more scarce as days go by, it is really a case of diminishing returns when you start with something that bunged up. You are going to sink tons of cash and time into a vehicle that is really not that high in demand. If it were a Shelby or a boss 429, LS6, hemi, max wedge etc. then you save those at almost any cost. A run of the mill Stang, though cool, just does not warrant the effort and cost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.