Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SummitRacing 600cfm street and strip carburetor mounted on the provided summit intake manifold, with a Mr. Gasket adjustable throttle bracket. I am having an issue with my accelerator cable being too long. The vehicle is a 1988 Chevy Scottsdale k2500, (heavy half), 350 with a 700R4 automatic transmission :thumbup:. With my accelerator cable being hooked up to the carburetor, my pedal is next to touching the floor board. I can still get in and use the pedal just a little, but I am not able to apply full throttle :(. I didn't know if there was some way I could adjust the cable, or if I had to get a different throttle bracket? Help would be greatly appreciated and in advance, thanks for any comments. :)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
peddle

sounds like the cable housing is not installed correctly, leaving u with a short pull.. can u move the housing back with the bracket?? both ends of the housing need to be solid mounted so the cable is the only thing moving..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The accelerator part of the bracket is not adjustable, the cable is solid in the bracket and I am allowed to go full throttle if I run the throttle from the engine bay, but not from inside the cab.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts