Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I’m looking to add a transmission temperature gauge to a 67 chevelle. I have a 4L65e transmission. Was wondering where to route the wiring to get from outside to inside the car? I know there are some wires coming through the firewall in some places. Is there a preferred spot for this type of thing?
Also, can someone recommend a quality gauge for this transmission which has a sensor that installs into an existing port? I guess I’m looking for a gauge that will mount under the dash or possibly on the steering column.

thanks.

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
The sensor is usually mounted in the pan to get a reading on bulk oil temp. Using external ports which on this trans is the lower port is the hot line to the cooler or the upper return line, readings from either of which are not accurate regarding the sump readings. The oil in the circuit is coming from or going back to the lubrication and converter routings.

If you’re interested in reading sump, hot to the cooler and return from the cooler and pressed for cockpit space then an electric gauge with a monitor selector switch can let you pursue the full gambit of what’s going on.

Bogie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts