Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 110 pound pressurized sand blaster. my question is where can i find a nozzle set up that is larger then 3.2mm. Seems like the sand i use (medium size) gets clocgged up more then it actually works. Also i noticed on my friends blasting unit that the hose is about twice the thickness as the hose on my blaster. does this make a difference? where can i find a better hose and nozzle set up if so? thanks, Buddy M.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bigger nozzle means a LOT more air consumption.
I suggest you screen your sand going into the pot and consider a finer sand. I've found that the generic sand from Home Depot has a lot of oversized inclusions in it. I switched to the finer sand and and screen it. Since then, I have no problems with clogging.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sandblaster parts

beemdubya said:
I have a 110 pound pressurized sand blaster. my question is where can i find a nozzle set up that is larger then 3.2mm. Seems like the sand i use (medium size) gets clocgged up more then it actually works. Also i noticed on my friends blasting unit that the hose is about twice the thickness as the hose on my blaster. does this make a difference? where can i find a better hose and nozzle set up if so? thanks, Buddy M.
www.barrelblaster.com have industrial hoses and very good sandblasting tips

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Northern tool and Eastwood will have anything you need for that blaster from nozzles of any size to hoses and deadman valves or just about anything else. How big is your compressor? If it is in the common 10-12 CFM range (3-5 HP single stage) then you really don't want anything bigger than a 3/32" nozzle, you need to use a finer grit as has been suggested. A bigger nozzle will work a small compressor to death.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.