Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. As many of you know i am having timing issues. Not alot of people seem to be farmiliar with the BBO so i was in their forum. Now i have been told to advance my cam 4*. While that site and this site are GREAT in my opinion. I am just looking for answers, and the more the better.

My question is this....Will advancing my cam 4* make a difference in idle Rpm or is it just a performance gain.?

I have a BBO 455. The cam is a Comp Cams XE274-10.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you degreeing in the cam or just lining up the dots? After experimenting with my combo on desktop dyno, advancing the cam 4* shifts the peak HP/TQ down a few hundred rpm's. The XE274 isn't all that big of a cam, especially in a 455 cube motor. What kind of issues are you having?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Install the cam straight up.

You can mess with your distributor curve to help your idle quality. Find out what your distributor curve is. Use a timing light and a tach.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
cam

Do a compression test and let us know what readings you get... You can advance the cam timing and bring the cylinder pressure up some this will help with the vacuume,,, in turn it will help the idle..... All this is assuming that you don't have any other issues that is causing the problems.....

Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts