Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1967 Pontiac Firebird hood sits flush in the rear corners, and flush in the front but on the sides, in the middle it sits up about a quarter inch. I've looked at alot of firebird photos and I see this issue in about 1 in 5. If you've experienced this on a 68-69 Firebird or Camaro, what are my options to fix it and exactly how would you go about it?

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm dealing with the same issue on my '67 Camaro RS/SS that I've owned since new. Mine sticks up about 3/16" at the mid-point. I'm just in the middle of dealing with it. So far, we've taken the hood off, blocked it up solid on all four corners and trying to force it down by placing a 2 foot block on the edges in the middle and gently applying weight on top of the block (standing on the block and sort of lightly bouncing on it) The first attempt got about 1/2 of it, so will give it another attempt next week. A friend put cuts in his along the edge and then rewelded them, but it doesn't have the nice even curve it had from the factory. I'll let you know if I have more success when I have time to try it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts