Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Looking around, and I found this. I plan on my car being a daily driver. I want power, but I need to keep drivablility. I love that rumble, and just overall want a good powerful street cam.

Is this what I am looking for? And will I be able to keep my stock valve springs? Any other advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comp Cams cam

·
Sloe Lurner
193 Posts
Good Cam

For a daily driver this Cam is pretty good. Anything over 270 grind you need to start changing Valve Springs, Torque Converter if your using an automatic tranny these are just a few of the things that come to mind. Somebody else might have better info but this is a start.. :welcome:

·
Build it right the first time
227 Posts
i would recommend new springs the cam in my truck is .480 lift intk and exst and it smashed my stock springs, i would also reccomend a stall converter of at a minimum of 2000 you will hate in town driving if you dont have one....i would recommend something a little less for a daily driver personally

·
227 Posts
if you want power try a low duration grind 4x4 off road cam from comp

those are good for sink you in your seat torque....but what kind of motor is this going in? and what is your expectation from the cam and max rpm you plan on?

srry i know thats a lot of questions...just trying to help :p

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats great. Thank you, the kit looks like a great deal. I'll have to look into that option with my father.

kuhn-77 said:
if you want power try a low duration grind 4x4 off road cam from comp

those are good for sink you in your seat torque....but what kind of motor is this going in? and what is your expectation from the cam and max rpm you plan on?

srry i know thats a lot of questions...just trying to help :p
It will be going in a Chevrolet 350. I have literally no experience with a high performance engine, so I don't know about revs. I mainly want to be able to cruise down the highway comfortably, and pass confidently. But I wouldn't mind pulling away from the lights with style either :cool:

Overall, I will be driving the car resonably hard. But I would rather have a couple more mpg and drivability points than a few more horses.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, I have no experience with this type of stuff.

Thank you.

·
227 Posts
comp cam recomandation

i would recomend that cam the 4x4 cams have decent fuel millage and have insane low end and that particualr cam may idle a little rougher than usual but will not require a stall converter and should not need new springs either.....tell me what you think

·
Registered
506 Posts
That cam is a nice choice.I built a 383 with 9.5:1cr.268xe cam,Gear drive,Vortec heads,Magnum roller tip rockers 1.60,Performer rpm intake and 650 demon carb.And it was real strong.We had it in a 70' C10 pickup with a TH700-R4 and 2400 stall,I think the truck had 3.73 gears.And the mileage was'nt too bad either.My buddy drives the truck daily(He loves whipping the late model camaros).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts