Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1973 Camaro Z/28, 434, NETO/N
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the AFR Eliminator Race single plane 4150 intake manifold for small block Chevy with partial port match? AFR discontinued their Titon composite manifolds and replaced them with the Eliminator series. When I spoke to an AFR representative, awhile back, about purchasing a Titon manifold, he advised me to wait for the release of their new cast manifolds. If this manifold has comparable performance or better compared to the Titons, I would really like to try this on my next build.

I currently have the Edelbrock Super Victor II on a 434, and have had a good experience with the Weiand 7531 Team G on a 355. I'm looking to build a high compression 406 and was contemplating whether to use the Team G or try out the new AFR Eliminator. ( I've got multiple other sbc manifolds to sell, including the Team G, to null the cost).

Here is an informative manifold comparison from Car Craft in 2013. I only wished they used the 7531 Team G, with a 2"raised plenum, instead of the 7530 for this test.

·
More for Less Racer
20,929 Posts
Which one, they show two single planes, the #4810 Street/Strip at 4.580" tall, or the #4811 Race at 5.50" tall??
I don't know of anyone using either, and I've not run across any flow numbers or port cross section info so I'm no help there.

The problem with the Team G 7530 and 7531 is runner cross section is small for race 406". Vic Jr has the same problem.

Having the Team G worked by someone who knows what they are doing as far a port entry at the plenum and runner resizing would be a smarter move than just jumping to another as-cast intake.

·
Registered
1973 Camaro Z/28, 434, NETO/N
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem with the Team G 7530 and 7531 is runner cross section is small for race 406". Vic Jr has the same problem.

Having the Team G worked by someone who knows what they are doing as far a port entry at the plenum and runner resizing would be a smarter move than just jumping to another as-cast intake.
Having the Team G fully ported may be something to take into consideration. At the moment, it is already port matched to the AFR 220 heads I'll be running with it.

·
More for Less Racer
20,929 Posts
Having the Team G fully ported may be something to take into consideration. At the moment, it is already port matched to the AFR 220 heads I'll be running with it.
Port matched means almost nothing as far as power gain....full length of port resized and runner opening at the plenum are what needs serious rework on the Team G's for bigger engines.

Personal favorite is the Holley Strip Dom, or Strip Dom Dorton version

1 - 7 of 7 Posts