Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which brand AFR guage do I need to buy to get my 383 weiand 671 blower 2-750 holley's tuned up ? Does the edlebrock one have the heated 02 sensor , and I guess I need someone too weld coupling in the header for 02 sensor ? What oil do you guy's recommend for my blower motor , it is very hot and humid in houston,Tx . I was told I should not use synthetic :confused: Can anyone explain ! Thanks for any advise .

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
cool rockin daddy said:
Take it back to where you had it built and have them do it.
That's a GREAT idea, but more sarcastic than realistic... :rolleyes:

Several of us are using the Innovate system, having the bung welded isn't a big thing, it just has to be off the bottom of the header to avoid standing moisture, bungs are included in their kits. If you didn't need full time monitoring, Innovate also has clamp on tailpipe pickups.

I don't know why not to use synthetic, unless there's a need for more ZDDP protection, extreme cam lift, etc. I don't use synthetics in my blown Nova, it's full roller, and just my preference.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
cool rockin daddy said:
"That's a GREAT idea, but more sarcastic than realistic... "

Glad you caught the sarcasm. As F-Bird posted, this guy is in way over his head on this car. I'll just leave it at that.
He's on a bit of a learning curve with boost, but not a noob to performance motors by a long shot, he's an ex unlimited outboard racer, built outboard motors spraying NOS at over 12k rpm's. I don't say that to impress you or anyone else, but I think your remark was short sided and should have been worded differently. You've run off more than one new member with your sarcasm and assuming when a poster doesn't word his entry just right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.