Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy an after market Dianan 335i turbocharger for my 1970 Buick Skylark. Would this turbocharger be compatible with a 350.4 Chevy Small Block? Are these Turbochargers good? What would I need to make it fit a 350?

·
More for Less Racer
21,134 Posts
That's not going to work out well, for you....that replacement turbo has no exhaust scroll section like a normal aftermarket turbo, apparently the exhaust wheel housing is part of the BMW exhaust manifold, as that was the only application I could find for "Dinan 335i", a replacement for the BMW 335I with the MWG N55 engine....it's not a general use turbocharger if that is what your asking.
You won't find a stock or aftermarket exhaust housing to mount to a 350 Chevrolet engine.

Even if you could, it is sized way too small for a 350 V8, you would need two in order to get any benefit from one that size. BMW uses one on a 181 cubic inch engine.

You've got a pretty much non-starter of a plan, as it sounds like it is well beyond your capability to build your own custom exhaust housing for this type of turbocharger.

Any particular reason you thought this was a good turbo plan??

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
No - that turbo will not work worth a poop.

Can you cut and weld? Are you looking a kit? Street use, daily driver use, or weekend car cruising?

If you fab skills are minimum, then the easiest way to go is with a a set of turbo manifolds/headers and internal wastegated t3/t4 hybrids with the piping merged into your throttle body.

What are your goals and budget?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.