Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old(s) Fart
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone sell an aftermarket bellhousing for the 96-up 4L60E transmissions for the BOP bolt pattern? I know there's at least one vendor selling a Mopar bellhousing for this trans. Thanks.

·
Administrator
9,765 Posts
joe_padavano said:
Does anyone sell an aftermarket bellhousing for the 96-up 4L60E transmissions for the BOP bolt pattern? I know there's at least one vendor selling a Mopar bellhousing for this trans. Thanks.

What vendor has a bell housing to bolt onto a late design 3 piece case 4L60E?

I have not seen an after market bell housing for this trans yet. Seems like an easy item to design and build.

·
Registered
576 Posts
bop bell housing

seems like a neat bell but gear vendors od unit would be a better fit under most situations. the cost of these units was too much for most people owning hot rods, also 4l60e transmission has alot of failure under horse power over load

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
You might give "Wilcap Company" in Pismo Beach, Ca. a call, (805)481-7639. They have been around for a long time and make very good equipment. They make all kinds of trans adapters and flywheels. Don't know if they make a bellhousing or not but probably an adapter to go chev to BOP. you can find them on the web....wilcap.com ....and a properly built 700R4/4L60E will perform just fine IF you dont overpower them, everything has its limits. For further on that see the new (April 07) Hot Rod mag article on these transmissions, page 104..........good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts