Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
Bob Barker, I'll bid a dollar.

Maybe Howie Mandel could put it up on the board as a sub for the $10 suitcase? (Like they did with a turkey on the thanksgiving edition of "Deal or No Deal")

:D :D :D

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
The "Rat Rodders" would love it.......................No, I take that back. It has front brakes....probably dont work though.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
It's actually not a bad deal if you look at it from a parts for sale type of deal. It reminds me of a car we chopped up as kids to climb small poplar trees and do brodies in the fields. :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah! What Dinger said!

What's wrong with it? I mean, it's a project. So?

Okay, the guy's execution of this project leaves a lot to be desired (I'm still laughing at his dashboard,) but there are a lot of people on this board who started with a lot worse and made very nice rides out of them. Heck, CBoy started with a Ford Pickup and made a very nice roadster out of it, and is getting ready to build a coupe from another pickup donor.

Looking at the top bid as I post this, I'd say the parts alone are worth it - and it does come with other parts not included in the pictures, to include another cowl. There's nothing wrong with the parts themselves, it's the way he (?) put them together. :rolleyes:

Let's just hope the execution of his Fiero project (which he just happened to sneak into several of the photos) turns out a lot better than this attempt at car building. It appears he's more suited to unbolting one part and bolting a new replacement. (See any evidence of any welding or fabrication equipment in any of the photos? See any evidence of any welding or fabrication done on the car at all - I mean welding or fabrication that isn't over 5 years old?)

We all know somebody (perhaps even ourselves) who could take this and turn it into something to be proud of. Granted, it would require rethinking of the entire design, complete disassembly, and a lot of fabrication during assembly, but isn't that what hotrodding is all about?

It's a project car. Heck, if I lived in Ohio, I might consider dragging it home for that price. Let's just be glad he hasn't bolted the second door on it and isn't already driving it on the streets. :eek: :sweat: :eek:

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
This is the perfect example of why most members on this board discourage the mounting of an old body on a newer frame. It looks like garbage!! One of those projects with great intentions but just couldn't be made to work. Pull it apart and build a new frame that works and you would be able to make a good looking hot rod out of it. For that price you would be money ahead.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ah well, atleast the engine isn't shoved up a foot over the front wheels.

The only thing that looks horrible wrong, other than the front suspension...frame...the whole front end, is how high the grill shell and body are to the frame.

There is one angle where it looks like someone has tore the front sheetmetal off a late 30's KB-5 or something. Because everything sits so high on the frame.

·
Gone fishin'
666 Posts
Maybe the guy should figure out what kind of car it is before you build it.

A 1932 camaro, Im guessing this was the first concept camaro 35 years ahead of its time. :D

Brad

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
You can't say the guy doesn't like cars though, check out his feedback. bought and sold a couple of corvettes, and sold this beauty....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190027908939

That Pile-O-Crapolamobile he is currently selling is a relist.
I guess the first guy came to his senses and wouldn't follow through. :smash: :boxing:

You are right though Dan, it would make a ****** field bomb (orchard car)

In all reality the parts would be worth more parted out.

Mikey

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Well it might have some usable components but it isn't a roadster. The back half might have been but the cowl wasn't. I agree that this how most old cars on newer frames end up, all out of whack.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You could just splice in a "decent" front clip from an older truck or something. Or atleast some kind of straight axle. Kind of a reverse of the swap...where you would be putting in an older system, in place of a new one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts