Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I am in the market for a new air compressor. I am going to get a 60 gallon, belt driven unit. Most on the market are very similar so can you give me any and all suggestions. Harbor Freight has 4 that are very similar in price and ratings. Puma, Porter Cable, Sanborn, U.S. General. What do you guys think? Are they all the same and made by the same company with different names? The U.S General offers the most CFM. 14.15 CFM at 40PSI and 13 CFM at 90PSI. Or is another brand better. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
290 Posts
Compressors

A year and a half ago I bought a compressor from Advance Auto Parts. It's a Campbell Hausfield and it's a 60 Gallon, belt drive with a 5 horse engine. It was $425. Good thing was it came with a 3 year warranty. If anything should happen to it I don't have to wait on shipping it off for repairs. They just replace it. And there is no shipping cost at purchase. And this one's been worked hard with no problems.---------:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
What is your intended usage? Air tools? Body work? Painting? If any of this is on your list go to a 2 stage compressor. It's more expensive initially but, in the long run, it'll work far better then a single stage and you won't outgrow it in a couple of years...
Just my experience...:pain:
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts