Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 41 Willys coupe with fiberglass body. (top right of page is it) Thinking about putting A/C in it. It won't be hitting the track that often anymore and when it does it's just for fun.
I know of vintage air and a couple others, I'm looking for some one with experience on this body type that can give my me any insights on doing the job.

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,515 Posts
call or email rob at vintage air to get his recommendation. rob is the owner, engineer and tech support for the company. he knows what he has. personally in a willys, i'd have everything in back

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
call or email rob at vintage air to get his recommendation. rob is the owner, engineer and tech support for the company. he knows what he has. personally in a willys, i'd have everything in back
I was just wondering if I could put it in the back.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Vintage Air Gen II Mini is the smallest Heat, Defrost, AC unit I've found. I put one in my '48 Austin which is a very small car. Mock up the unit first and the put in all the other stuff. In my case the ducting was the biggest challenge. See pics it all fits. Interior upholstery is in progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I put a Vintage unit under the dash in my '33 Willys, tight! On my '39 I put an Old Air unit which is much smaller and can be ordered with all 4 hose ends going thru the firewall as part of the unit. Makes much easier hose routing with NONE under the dash.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just looked at Old Air. Wasn't aware of them. Thank you! Which model did you use? Sure like the small size of them.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Think I used the Hurricane 1100 series heat/air/defrost. Only thing I wished I had done was order the one with the hose connections going thru the firewall. Bringing the hoses inside then doing sharp bends sux. I also used their mixer valve because several people said the A/C was to cold!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts