Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but does that "feel" like a good unit? I know Harbor Freight is a good place to find tools at a decent price in my area and if the gun is good, I may go get one.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
302/Z28 said:
I believe that gun has an internal regulator that maintains the pressure at the nozzle at 10psi, so it really does not matter what the inlet pressure is (within reason). I usually set mine at 50psi.

Vince

Vince,
I have not stayed up on HVLP guns but I THOUGHT? all HVLP
gun could be overridden?
I do know all the ones I have at present including the newest Sata RP can be overridden.
I don't know.
Barry

·
Registered
417 Posts
No internal regulator. That gun comes with an external regulator at the gun. I find between 30 and 35 at the gun works pretty good. I use mine mainly as a primer gun.
Personaly, I don't like that regulator hanging off the gun. It is too big and cumbersome. I use a 25' 3/8 hose to the gun and put the regulator on the other end of it. I have to add about 10# to compensate for the drop in the hose so my usual setting is 45# to the hose.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey julmer! Another Coloradoan! Sorry to butt in guys, just saw another guy from my state....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cool! I'm always lookin' for other VW owners for advice, parts, etc. We'll see ya around!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.