Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening folks i have a question about my air ratchet, its a sears craftsman ratchet and all of a sudden it stopped working, the air wont drive it. it suddenly started loosing torque and now wont move at all, i tried to put the body in a vice so i could separate it in the center but it wouldn't move so i didn't force it.i do keep it oiled regularly but i really hardly use it especially lately. thats why its a bummer now that i need it it won't work. any advice would be appreciated.:confused:

·
Administrator
18,429 Posts
Probably jammed....................tap it with a hammer. I throw mine on the cement floor when it doesn't work................fixes it every time.

·
The Big Money
383 Posts
Just about all air tools come from China or Tawian so they are always cheap to replace

·
Registered
417 Posts
While there are still running, remember to oil them occasionally. Air motors well get cruddy and stop turning. If the motor is stuck, try a good shot of penetrating oil in the inlet and try again.
In the truck shop, at night when it was time to clean up, I would regularly flush my impact out with solvent in the parts washer.
It lasted 15 years there and still runs fine at home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts