Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this question in the back of my head for several years. When installing air shocks or air bags on the rear suspension of a vehicle, would using a "T" fitting to connect them promote body roll when cornering? It seems to me that, as one would compress in a turn it would force air into the opposite shock, making body lean worse. Installing them with individual air lines should prevent this. What do you all think?

·
Administrator
18,647 Posts
Not likely....The fill hose is very small, it would take a while for the air to transfer from one side to the other. That said, air shocks are not known for great handling as it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Air shocks

Roger the handling... I'm thinking of adding the air bage to my Ram 1500 to level her out a bit with a trailer attached. It just reminded me of the pressure transfer issue.
I used to get a chuckle out of guys running air shocks on leaf spring cars, pumped up to about 100 psi to get that "60s rake" and complaining the were getting wheel hop!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I've got "Air Ride" air bags on my F-2fitty with the small compressor. Even if I didn't have the compressor I would have one inlet, then both bags fill with the same psi. I also have "Airride Technology" air springs on the back of my '32 Ford Victoria I'm building. It will also have the small compressor but a seperate manual fill port.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.