Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
Most guys that I know put them on their toolboxes.
I can see the "money pit" correlation there. :D

I have ben seeing quite a few guys with them plastered un the underside of the hood. This is a little less tacky than advertising all of free parts available from your vehicle to all of the undesirables in the neighborhood. :p

Stickers / advertising belong on race cars IMHO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some on my box too, but not much room there so I went with the door for most of them.

·
Certified Lead Foot
518 Posts
I had a wall decorated in my garage. Too bad I sold that house and moved 5 years ago.

Luckly I have a spare of each in a box. Some of them are so old the glue disintagrated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never was much on putting stickers any where on the car. Never thought of it as advertising for thief's. Glad I don't do that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
larryblack said:
I had a wall decorated in my garage. Too bad I sold that house and moved 5 years ago.

Luckly I have a spare of each in a box. Some of them are so old the glue disintagrated.

Guess you could call them vintage stickers then. :mwink:

·
Certified Lead Foot
518 Posts
risaacp said:
I never was much on putting stickers any where on the car. Never thought of it as advertising for thief's. Glad I don't do that.
I too never put the stickers on the car. But when you drove 442's and Z/28's you do not need any. Present ride has some factory stickers around the bottom.

I used to ask guys with stickers all over their cars if they were the parts they wished they had. Once in a while they actually had the parts installed.

·
1976 Ranchero GT
1,455 Posts
I stick them on my washing machine and refrigerator because I am a bit of a redneck and like turning my house into some sort of garage. :embarrass

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
weirdbeard said:
I stick them on my washing machine and refrigerator because I am a bit of a redneck and like turning my house into some sort of garage. :embarrass
I have a room in the house for that, just automotive signs, old car adds and such.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Camarofiend73 said:
I put all my extra stickers on my beer fridge in the garage.
:thumbup: BEER FRIDGE.........every self respecting hotrodders shop needs a beer firdge :mwink:

·
30 Ford 5 Window
61 Posts
Started on my toolboxes, then when they were ALL overlapping, I went to the beer fridge, now working on the hanging cabinets, guessing next they go on pieces of plexi-glass that I can hang like pictures...... kinda wish I had done the plexi with all of them after my toolboxes were fully plastered.

No stickers on my door like above post....The inside of my shop door has multitudes of colors of paint.... whenever I'm cleaning my gun... the first rinse of the paint left in gun cup... I had a little reducer/thinner ..... swirl it around and splash it against the inside of door. It seemed a little dumb at first and I took some ribbing from my friends... but oddly enough....... they all have splashed doors or areas on their walls in their shops now. Heh heh heh... and yes once in a while I do remind them of their comments about when they first seen mine.

It is cool to sit back with a beer at the end of some of the days and just stare at that door....... each color brings back many memories. It's come in handy to show some colors as examples...kinda like a huge paint chip.

·
30 Ford 5 Window
61 Posts
naaaaaaaaa that just makes you a guy....

the end continually wrapped with duct tape might classify as redneck...

chrome is too classy for us rednecks...unless of course it's them thar krome ladyz on mudfplaps!

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
I'm planning to build my garage in the spring, and was thinking 24ft x 24ft (or 24 x 30), with an additional 10ft x 10ft enclosed walkway/storage area

Let's see:
Air Compressor (5HP / 80 gal upright)
Sandblast cabinet
Parts Washer
Drill Press
Hydraulic Shop Press
"Deckerator" Chop Saw (on a stand)
Bench Grinder (on a stand)
Boiler for floor heating system
Workbench
Tool Box / Roller Cabinet
and now Beer Fridge. :rolleyes:
Crap! I'm going to have to build bigger, ain't I? :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
heres what my wife did with some of the stickers I found in the glovebox of my grandpa's old car. I bought the car from my uncle and had it shipped here from nevada, alot of the glue on them had deteriorated so she put them in a frame. I'm collecting a bunch of new ones to make a matching "new" picture also.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
one_fast_camaro said:
heres what my wife did with some of the stickers I found in the glovebox of my grandpa's old car. I bought the car from my uncle and had it shipped here from nevada, alot of the glue on them had deteriorated so she put them in a frame. I'm collecting a bunch of new ones to make a matching "new" picture also.
I like that, nice idea.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts