Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was almost finished with my brake lines on my 37 Ford Tudor. I had the master in under the frame. Bet my lines for the back, started going foward with two lines. Then it happened.. I have a Mustang II front end on it. My frame isn't boxed in the area where the brake hose should go. There were no connectors on the frame to hook the hose to. I bought both weld on, and screw on brake line clips. I found a hole that wasn't need close to the spot, so I inlarged it. The hose fit fine there, but the clip wouldn't work there. There are two frames, or sheetmetal over the frame. Anyways it won't clip. I then tried one of the clips that I bought from Speedway Motors. They won't work either.. The only other thing I found was a threw the frame connector. Trouble there is that it is 1 1/2" long. The way that would work is that I would have something that would stick out over an inch from the frame. Is there some other way of doing this?? Besides. I can't really see paying a extra $50. to hook up the front brakes.. Thanks.. Al

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I did see a brass fitting at Speedway Motors that is a male/female. I am going to see if that will work. I already have a complaint for them. I bought the brake pedal assembly from Speedway. It comes with the bracket, brake pedal arm, and a NOS brake pedal. The brake pedal screws to the brake arm. The pedal has threds on it. In my case the arm doesn't. I will need them to send me a tap. I'll tap my own hole. Insted of having to send the whole thing back to them. Thanks again.. Al

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Everybody makes mistakes now and then. One tubular upper control arm on the MII kit we bought from a major supplier was only tacked together. Must have been lunch time break or a phone call or accidentally brushed off the table into the box(HAHAHA). We called, they sent one immediately with a UPS call tag for the defective one's return. Only delayed us 2 days.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got off the phone with Speedway. They told me the bracket was suppose to be that way. It is up to me to tap it. They never said that in the ad though.. Also. They said with there calipers I couldn't run the stock rubber hoses with them. For another $46.00 I now have comming some SS lines with banjo fittings installed. It comes with screw on tabs and spring clips. They told me to take back the rubber OEM hoses I have. Thing of it is.. I waited to long. I bought them in Nov. Advance Auto said I only have 30 days to return them.. I guess I will have something else to sell.. At least I will be glad when this job is done. I got a set of used block hugger headers from a guy from church for Christmas. He also gave me a new fuel pump for it. Next thing to do is have the inlet, and vent from the aluminum tank cut and rewelded on at the right angle. I washed out the tank with Dawn dishsoap, and water. It has also been rinsed, and dried. There is no smell of gas what so ever. Once that is done I can then put the pads back on the frame, and put the body back on. I have been told here not to worry about the exhaust any. We have a local shop who will bend the pipe for it for $125. I buy the pipe, and both mufflers from this surplus store, and haul the car down to them. They in turn will run the pipe threw the bender and weld it in place. Thanks.. Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.