Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 67 el camino, i want to use somthing different than the origional chrome window trim, anyone know any other options, i would like a black rubber trim, but anything to get rid of the chrome will help, thanks

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
I did that little project on my 69 camaro, it look good, but was a bigger job than I thought it would be. I did the front and rear windshield. The opening had to be made smaller by about 1/2 inch. this also set the glass at a different angle. I used push in rubber trim from an s10.

It was just about as hard as chopping the top.

There is some push in trim that is wider, that might work.

You might want to strip the chrome and paint or anodize it. Good Luck

Check out my albumn, you can see how it looks.

69s FOREVER

[ May 29, 2003: Message edited by: troy-curt ]</p>

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hey guys, in reading the first post, I was thinking "why in the hell would you want to do that?!". But I checked out your car Troy, and boy does that thing look GREAT!! I especially like how you took off the "rain gutters" (don't know what else to call them) above the windows. Great job!

·
1969 Mustang Coupe Project Car
1,193 Posts
Why not have them black chromed? I remember there were a lot of guys doing that for a while.

Regards
Mark

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maybe what you should do is stop in and talk to someone at your local glass shop , they are the guys that see all the fancy new rubber for newer vehicles . The reason I say this is because I just had our glass shop come in and put a new windshield in a 95 Dodge truck and the rubber around the glass just pushed on and stayed in place and had a good 1" lip along the top that flowed into the roof , maybe you can incorporate something like that or something from another popular vehicle .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts