Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 International. The wireing was so bad I cut every inch of it out. I will put a new wireing harness in it later but right I want to get it driveable. I wired in a new ignition switch and she starts right up. I have two questions:

1. It has a non stock alternator in it now but I'm not sure if it is a internal or external type. How do you tell the difference?

2. What would be the simplest way to wire in a 3 wire GM alternator and volt metter? I know the "Bat" terminal goes to the battery but what about the little plug marked "R" and "F"?

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Can't help with external or internal voltage reg thing, but I have GM CS 130 "one wire" I just hooked up. It actually has four wire connector and a "BAT" terminal. The four wire connector has "P", "L", "F" (or "I"), and "S". I connected a 12v light bulb to the L terminal and the other end of the bulb to the hot wire from the ignition switch. This is the idiot light deal. The "S" terminal goes to the battery... Hook the BAT terminal to the battery with a big fat wire, boom, you are done.

Here is a happy link where you may find more answers:

http://www.alternatorparts.com/cs130_sbpage3.htm

R

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.