Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just curious on everyone's oppinion on the Summit brand or Russell Anodized aluminum fuel line. would it be okay for street use? i heard it might get damaged by rocks and break? is it easy to install such as bending and flexing it to fit the car?

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
That's pretty much all I use. Just don't stick it out in the open where it could easily get hit by a rock and it's fine. I usually tuck my fuel line up against the inside of the frame rail and have never had a problem with it.

Centerline

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
Why go for the extra expense, and the fact that it is more suseptible to dammage? Why not just use steel?

If rust is your worry, paint it.

Cheaper and better............

·
Registered
721 Posts
I used steel on the 53 Ford and the Vette but I did run into a problem going from the steel line to the braided steel lines. Russel sells adaptors for the Aluminum line to braided but Not for steel to braided. I tried to use one anyway and it leaked. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
The aluminum line is great, much easier to work with than steel, looks better and will never rust. As far as the price goes I doubt you can buy steel line any cheaper. You get a 25' roll of aluminum 1/2" line for $24.00.

I ran it on my last street car for about 7 years never had a problem with it. It is still on the car today. I will use it on my current project as well. Most bends can be made by hand without much effort.

Royce

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
The heck with Russels. I just go to the local hardware store and pick up however much I need of the 3/8" aluminum line for free. They have 1/2" too. On the shelf right behind the tubing, they have all of the flare and NPT fittings you need. It usually costs under $10 to finish the whole fuel system.

A rock flying up isn't going to compromise the aluminum fule line. You would have to crush it somehow, and then tear it at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.