Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas, I got a quick NOS question... Im in the process of building another 350. runnin trickflow 23 street/strip heads, 64 combustion, 195 intake. hypereutectic flat top + 5cc pistons. stock crank and rods. I havent decided on a cam yet, probably somethin pretty mild though, nothin too radical,with flat tappet hydro lifters with edelbrock performer RPM intake. static comp. somewhere around 9.6 (if i figured that right). The deal is that i traded some old rims and tires for a complete NOS kit with a buddy of mine. the motor is going in an 80's model chevy truck, slight lift, with 35" tires. would i be able to run the nitrous on this build??? I will have the smallest shot possible on the jets, so im not gonna blast it away or anything. Honestly it'll just be a conversation piece, that i might shoot off maybe twice. Would I be able to go with any cam and still run it? or is now the moment of truth where i have to go with NOS or no NOS due to the cam. any cam selection info would be greatly appreciated. if i cant run the NOS, its no biggie.. not a really big fan of the juice anyway, just thought it would add a little something to the truck. thanks for the help !

·
More for Less Racer
20,941 Posts
With those pistons, 100 hp would be the bravest I'd go in a vehicle that heavy. If you were going to mix in some race gas, maybe 150 hp. You can't have even one split-second of detonation with Hyper pistons or they will blow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.