Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas, I got a quick NOS question... Im in the process of building another 350. runnin trickflow 23 street/strip heads, 64 combustion, 195 intake. hypereutectic flat top + 5cc pistons. stock crank and rods. I havent decided on a cam yet, probably somethin pretty mild though, nothin too radical,with flat tappet hydro lifters with edelbrock performer RPM intake. static comp. somewhere around 9.6 (if i figured that right). The deal is that i traded some old rims and tires for a complete NOS kit with a buddy of mine. the motor is going in an 80's model chevy truck, slight lift, with 35" tires. would i be able to run the nitrous on this build??? I will have the smallest shot possible on the jets, so im not gonna blast it away or anything. Honestly it'll just be a conversation piece, that i might shoot off maybe twice. Would I be able to go with any cam and still run it? or is now the moment of truth where i have to go with NOS or no NOS due to the cam. any cam selection info would be greatly appreciated. if i cant run the NOS, its no biggie.. not a really big fan of the juice anyway, just thought it would add a little something to the truck. thanks for the help !

·
More for Less Racer
20,995 Posts
With those pistons, 100 hp would be the bravest I'd go in a vehicle that heavy. If you were going to mix in some race gas, maybe 150 hp. You can't have even one split-second of detonation with Hyper pistons or they will blow.

·
More for Less Racer
20,995 Posts
Pick a cam that matches what you want out of the truck for performance, don't worry about the nitrous specific type cam until you are racing it on the bottle EVERY SINGLE pass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.