Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
He should have put those blowers side-by-side instead of stacking them up. :mwink:

Either way ... could you imagine trying to see around TWO blowers sticking out of the hood?

Gotta love that "detroit roll" sound ... BBC? (I think I did hear "big block Chevrolet" somewhere in the wind-noise.)

"Look at his clutch" comments ... LOL :rolleyes:

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
I like reading all of the comments by other viewers. How many of those leaving the comments are at or around the age of 16?

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
Blazin72 said:
I like reading all of the comments by other viewers. How many of those leaving the comments are at or around the age of 16?
Sorry for getting off-topic here ... but had to snicker a little at your "Hey look, it's raining again!" signature.

Did you guys get the same windstorms that they had on the (Canadian) news at Vancouver?
CTV News Story
Stanley Park was just about wiped clear of trees in quite a few areas.

The locals call Vancouver "Rain-couver" ... but this winter has been EXCEPTIONALLY wet.

·
2,854 Posts
Ah yes the wind storm. You must be talking about the wind storms from last Thursday night? We got it alright, Mt. Rainier had wind gusts of over 110mph. SeaTac airport had wind hit 68mph. We got a couple gusts in the mid 60s in my area. Power was out at my house for a couple days, some places near Seattle are still without power. Speaking of rain, it's raining right now. In fact it's been raining all day and they're forecasting more wind tonight. I posted this link about it about an hour before falling trees killed my power.... http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hold-your-hats-folks-104524.html There were over 1 million people in Western Washington without power the following morning. 14 people died as a result. A few were from falling trees but most have been from non-english speaking people not getting the warnings about running generators in the house, heating the house with propane stoves, charcoal in ovens, etc... One person died when he swerved to miss a down tree in the road and hit another down tree. Go figure... :smash:

Oh yes, we had almost 16.5 inches of rain last month...

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
Argggg. But, did you see the Deborah Grey burnout video that's on the same page? Awesome! Baddest burnout I've ever seen and done by a good lookin gal to boot. and another discovery, least for me anyway, click the little square in the bottom right hand corner, full screen video. I am probably the only guy on the face of the earth that didn't know that and now I am posting my ignorance for all to know. :confused: pass the brownies, tis the season to be jolly.....

·
Registered
584 Posts
Blazin72 said:
Bunch of ignorant people on youtube apparently calling it a p.o.s. and saying stupid crap along those lines. Every single one of them would love to own something as wild as that gto but find it "cool" to call it out as "crap." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Definately an attention grabber but that thing surges so bad at idle lol. :sweat:

·
2,854 Posts
dinger said:
Argggg. But, did you see the Deborah Grey burnout video that's on the same page? Awesome! Baddest burnout I've ever seen and done by a good lookin gal to boot. and another discovery, least for me anyway, click the little square in the bottom right hand corner, full screen video. I am probably the only guy on the face of the earth that didn't know that and now I am posting my ignorance for all to know. :confused: pass the brownies, tis the season to be jolly.....
I did see that, it was very cool. :thumbup:

·
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool
919 Posts
I just remembered, I need to put together a burnout car for next summer's Syracuse Nats. :)

As far as the GTO, like the car, but twin blowers don't impress me. Boost is boost and you can set up one correctly sized blower to give as mush boost as you need. (although I have been toying with the idea of twin turbos dumping into a blower) :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
What a waste of a perfectly good GTO.

·
1976 Ranchero GT
1,455 Posts
Arrowhead said:
I just remembered, I need to put together a burnout car for next summer's Syracuse Nats. :)

As far as the GTO, like the car, but twin blowers don't impress me. Boost is boost and you can set up one correctly sized blower to give as mush boost as you need.
Reminds me of that crazy nova? That had a small turbo for each of the eight cylinders. Not the best way to get big power but fun to look at. :sweat:

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Arrowhead said:

As far as the GTO, like the car, but twin blowers don't impress me. Boost is boost and you can set up one correctly sized blower to give as mush boost as you need. (although I have been toying with the idea of twin turbos dumping into a blower) :thumbup:
you saw the red twin blown '32 Ford Roadster at Syracuse Nats '04 didn't you, it cought my eye at first, but the 1 blower is fake. this GTO is deffinetly not legal ( too much sticking out of the hood ) and even if the 1 blower was operational, it wouldn't make a diffrence, on paper it would double the CFM that would be compressed, but it would just bottle neck because the bottom would compress all it could anyway.

people have good sucess feeding turbo's with centrifagul superchargers, takes out a lot of the lag, forceing air into a supercharger would waste power because a supercharger takes a lot to turn them, turbos are almost compleatly free, but have lag

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well, if it was built for attention, he got it. I don't know about cruising around and not being able to see though.

If he built it for power and speed, it seems like overkill. It made me think of all the Pro Street cars that ended up running like crap in the end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts