Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I have a question regarding valve lash adjustment on a AMC 401 Tuff Dawg engine. I have about ninety minutes run time on motor and was thinking about when would be a good time to check adjustment and process of checking/adjusting valves. This being a performance engine is there a specific gap to shoot for. Thanks

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Im guessing a solid cam? New engines get a full visual check/fluid check,leak check first time its shut down.
Fill up fluids,make notes, drive a few minutes,recheck any flaws noted from first check,repeat until no changes noted or repairs made.
Drive it up and down the RPM range a few times,first time 1/2 throttle, then a couple full throttle pulls,10% below red line.
recheck,listen,look.

Im ready to race

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Valve adjustment

I bought engine from guy who was going to put into a 77AMX but he passed away and I'm finishing up where he left off. The dust ment I was wondering about is valve adjustment. Thanks

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
I bought engine from guy who was going to put into a 77AMX but he passed away and I'm finishing up where he left off. The dust ment I was wondering about is valve adjustment. Thanks
Google Tuff Dawg. Their phone number should be on their site. Call them and ask your questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts