Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok hello im new here! i just swapped out my 350 turbo for a used 700r4tranny. it came out of a 1987 caprice donor car, with a 4.3 liter v/6.i bought a new stall, 2000-26000 rpm range from a company off ebay.i have it installed in my 63 impala now, mated to a fresh 383 stroker sbc.ive got a holley carb, with the holley brackets for the tv cable.i probaly dont have it adjusted right, but i test drove it , and it seeems as if its slipping, or the rpms are kind of high.is this normal if the tv cable is not properly adjusted?or normal with a stall converter? or is this tranny really slipping?it seems to pull pretty good if i shift it manually. any help would be great:confused:

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
A used V6 tranny against a 383 cid V8 engine?

Did you install larger boost valves?

Did you check the 2-4 servo on the side of the case for the size?

Do you know if this tranny was good before the install?

Did you drop the tranny pan to inspect it for trash before the install?

Are you familar with stall speed converters, primarily how they operate and feel compared to stock stall converters?

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry im new to these trannys
no i havent done any of that stuff to this tranny.any info in this would be great.
how do i check the servo?for the size
how do i install larger boost valves? do i need to drop the tranny to do this?
i was planning on dropping the pan and changing the filter on it.i just wanted to get the install done, and make sure everything was running correctly, before i done any other work to it.
i pulled the 350 turbo out, which had a 2400 rpm stall in it
like i said im fairly new to od trannys, i drove the original car around the yard here, but not far enough to go thru all the gears.but it seemed to pull very good.ie:the engine was a bad mosquito killer! so i couldnt go far with it.lemme know what i can do without pulling the tranny back out!

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i drove it some today. i messed with teh tv cable one time. now it seems to go fine in 3 and 4, but from 1 to 2 , it seems like it takes a long ime to shift, as the rpms go up a bit? anybody know what i can do?

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Corvette servo for 2nd gear, helps 2-3 shift too

transGo shift kit....... if you buy one

there are 2 boost valves.... at least use a .471 or .500 inch main boost valve .

Never been in a 700 tranny? Buy a book or find a qualified tranny guy.

Common mistake is installing the low/reverse boost valve backwards. It can burn up the tranny frictions from low pressure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.