Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just another old guy who will finally get his dream car. When I was 16 years old one of the "rich" kids at school was given a year old 65 impala convertible and I lusted after it. Now at 50+ I've been buying, collecting and building parts for my 65SS convertible. As I look out the window at the snow and the -30C temps, all I can do is wish for summer. I've just retired from farming, my kids are almost ready to be on their own, one in 3rd year university and one in grade 11, my wife has given up on me and leaves me to my own devices. I hope to have her ready for the summer cruise circuit but I'll wait until its done right. The car is at my body guy, we've bought every piece of sheet metal we could find and he built some that we couldn't. I'm doing a full frame-off and everything will be replaced,updated or rebuilt. In the works are a full airbag suspension, a 12 bolt with rear discs from a ws6 firechicken, front discs from a 70 impala, low ratio steering from a z camaro, 700R4, and as much crate motor as I can afford gas for. Interior is all new as is the top. I'll post some pics as soon as I feel like it. I'm justifying the cost (30 grand) by saying that its only half the price of a new 1/2 ton. When completed the shakedown run is going to be a trip through the Black Hills. Far enough for a reliable test yet not too far from home. Enough for now, I'm out to the shop for a 10 hour shift.

·
41' Chevy Master DeLuxe Tudor
123 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders were glad to have you here. :welcome: Sounds like you have a nice project going. My first car was a 65 Impala at age 14, it was a tinker (learned a lot), then I bought 63 Impala at age 15 which I had to sell because my mother made me :pain: (long story) and a finally a 66 which was my first real attempt at a car build. I got to drive it at age 16 through high school. I would love to have a 65 or 66 big block car. Just something bout those Impala's. :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the build. :D

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders....yeh buddy! I like those Impalas. :welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts