Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
It is a 4010 series if it is square bore, or 4011 series if spread bore. Holley came out with these in the late 80's and discontinued them in the late 90's-2000 area due to lack of popularity and the fact that they aren't as easily tunable as the standard Holley carbs.

This is the same carb that Summit has very slightly revised and is selling under the Summit brand logo over the past few months as the Summit Carb. The Summit carb is supposed to have most of the tuning deficiencies of the earlier Holley design corrected, and most of the Summit tuning parts should fit the Holley, as it was directly based off the Holley.

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
I really liked those carbs, they are pretty much an update of the 60s era Autolite 4bbl. They ,however, have the cfm that was not available in the Autolite. They are probably an excellent street carb, their bowl gasket is at the top so less chance for a leaky bowl gasket, but as mentioned the aren't as "quick" to tune as a typical Holley. I do think they are as "easy" as far as determining and accessing the parts...they just don't open as easily.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
I got one given to me by a Pontiac 400 guy. Tried it on my 455 Pontiac. It did OK, but to tune the accelerator pump shooter requires replacement of the "cluster", not a cheap proposition.

It also had the bad habit of percolating the fuel easily. The first run at the track would always be iffy due to heat soaking the carb.

I ended up using a wooden spacer under it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.