Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ...I'm still having problems with seeing a little antifreeze under motor once in a while. It seems to happen about once a month. The motor never over heats. I have never actually seen where the water comes from but its in the area of the radiator expansion tank. There is no thermostat so its not that.

Question.....Does the radiator expansion tank have to be at a certain level in relationship to the radiator cap? And how far away from the radiator can the tank be?

My ride is a 36 Ford w/350 Chevy motor

Thanks

Bob

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
Hi ...I'm still having problems with seeing a little antifreeze under motor once in a while. It seems to happen about once a month. The motor never over heats. I have never actually seen where the water comes from but its in the area of the radiator expansion tank. There is no thermostat so its not that.

Question.....Does the radiator expansion tank have to be at a certain level in relationship to the radiator cap? And how far away from the radiator can the tank be?

My ride is a 36 Ford w/350 Chevy motor

Thanks

Bob
Hi Bob, just which type tank did you go with a overflow type or and actual expansion tank ? on a overflow it don't really matter higher or lower JMO, But i alway's mout mine lowewr on a overflow style tank. and i really don't think it would matter on a expansion style tank either because when it heats up it will push into the tank either way. JMO. If you went with the overflow style tank did you set it up to re-circulate back into the radiator ? there are usually to way's to go with the overflow style tank it would be vented at the to with the overflow hose hooked into the bottom of the can, or un-vented with the hose and a pitcock in the bottom of the can which every so often you would have to drain as it will fill up and have no where to go. Hope all this help Bob.

Cole
:pimp:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.