Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a hot rod forum but I tend to see alot of questions regarding late model cars..I have a problem and was hopeing one of you may know the answer to my question..here goes....
I just bought a 1982 Datsun/Nissan Sentra with the 1.5 engine..I bought this as a driver and because it has 28k original miles..the car is extremelly clean but I have been experiencing a rough idle..It is smooth while driving though..I have been looking up fast idle control device, idle air control valve etc..I cant find what I am looking for.
On the pass. side firewall of my Datsun is a device which has 2 electrical leads attached as well as 2 vacuum lines..This is the device I am looking for..I just dont know what exactly the proper name of it is??
I just got this car 2 days ago and dont have a service book yet..
So anyone out there have some insight for me??? Trying to get it corrected over the weekend if the part is avail?? If this is too O/T then delete it and sorry :(
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think your problem is the carb. It was round that time they came out with a computer controled carb. All the old timers call them "hopeless chokeless carbs". It was the precursor to throttle body injection.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where do the vacuum lines go? I looked up the diagram for a 1982 Sentra with California emissions and without, I am not seeing anything fitting that description.

California cars:

Non-California cars:

Even checked Canadian:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Removed the part and found the part #593172-5720
I have tried putting this into searches but got nothing..even called Nissan parts counter and they couldnt find it?? It cant be this hard :smash:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I finally think I figured it out.....
The part appears to be a "Vacuum magnet valve"
I should have recalled that these cars did not have a/c installed from Japan in most cases. The a/c was installed at the dealer..I got a part # from Nissan and apparently there are like 3 avail in the us..I will hear tomorrw from a dealer if they actually have the part they show in stock..I hope it is THE part I need. The stickers on the part with what looked like part #'s were meaningless...
O/T but heres a shot of the 29k mile original chick magnet :mwink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.