Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some iTunes bucks that I'm wanting to spend. Anyone got any really good new metal releases lately that I should pick up?...or some good old ones for that matter??

Post up anything new you're listening to.

Thanks! :evil:

·
Certified Lead Foot
518 Posts
Have you checked out Broken Teeth or Breed Society?

Broken Teeth is lead by Jason the lead singer of Dangerous Toys. Breed Society has a CD but has not started to tour.

I saw Broken Teeth in Houston in September.

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
cant get enough Saliva or nickelback. the scorpions have a new one out i dont know the name and havent heard it either. velvet revolver, kinda old now but still great. audioslave too. radios dont tell you the band names much anymore so it's hard to know who to get these days till you hear them a lot. lots out there

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'll give ya a few of some pretty recent ones to check out:

Blind Guardian-A Twist in the Myth(give it time, you'll appreciate it although not their best but damn good album)
Kamelot-The Black Halo(drool fest)
Iron Maiden-A Matter of Life and Death(it's a pretty good and consistent album and hell, I'm happy with it, show me a band in their 50s who makes an album this good)

Edit: Nevermind just saw that you like some oldies too : ) I shall recommend a few for you then.

Kamelot: Epica
Iron Maiden: Somewhere in Time, Number of the Beast
Judas Priest: Sad Wings of Destiny, Painkiller
Symphony X: V The New Mythology Suite (you HAVE to check this album out, this is seriously one of the best albums by any band, by any genre, ever. I'm not even overexaggerating in the least bit, this is absolutely spectacular and no weak songs whatsoever.)
Megadeth: Peace Sells.. but who's Buying, Rust in Peace
Testament: The New Order
Blind Guardian: Imaginations From the Other Side
Iced Earth: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Helloween: Keeper of the Keys Part I/II
Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime
Gamma Ray: No World Order

Just a few I thought of and should keep you plenty busy. Most of these are melodic metal bands which are probably going to be more appealing to you then some thrash one's up there like Testament which is still an insanely good/underrated band. :thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! I ended up downloading...
- Trivium (The Crusade) Awesome!!!
- The Absence (From Your Grave)
- Six Feet Under (13)

Keep posting up any good metal though...I'm always down to add to my collection. I've got a ton but there's always room for more!!!

Thanks!

·
Flamethrower
339 Posts
Let's see. I kind of listen to a lot of everything.

Godsmack
Tool
Nickelback
Flogging Molly, they are just cool no matter what you listen to
The Vincent Black Shadow
Any of the Brian Setzer rockabilly stuff is good
Rammstein, they do have a new album out called Rosen Rot
Nightwish, they are from Finland and do really heavy Classical stuff with Finnish folk influence with a full orchestral ensamble behind them.
Seether
Clutch
Static X

There is some more that I can't remember right now

·
Tow Chainer
245 Posts
I second classix_lover's recommendation of Helloween Keeper of seven keys one and two.

Not well known but excellent, especially the singer.

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Check these guys out if you like raw "old school" metal with an early Sabbath influence and a garage band flavor.......

18 Speed Tranny

You can find a lot of their stuff on download.com. I guess you could call it Trucker Metal.

·
Registered
584 Posts
YNOT said:
Thanks everyone! I ended up downloading...
- Trivium (The Crusade) Awesome!!!
- The Absence (From Your Grave)
- Six Feet Under (13)

Keep posting up any good metal though...I'm always down to add to my collection. I've got a ton but there's always room for more!!!

Thanks!
::points back up to my previous list::

You cannot go wrong with anything on my list, guarantee you, you're going to be dumbfounded with the amount of amazing material listed.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Magnus_Jager said:
I second classix_lover's recommendation of Helloween Keeper of seven keys one and two.

Not well known but excellent, especially the singer.
Michael Kiske is quite an exceptional singer and alot of people fail to realize he's one hell of a guitarist, possibly one of the best. Helloween takes a while to get into, I think this is due to the production being kind of weak but the Keeper albums are one of the most essential albums to own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts