Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search for ceramic coatings near me and all I get is car paint related coatings. Is there any local shop near me, in Whittier, Ca, 90602? Can't seem to find any. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want powder coating for headers, i want to coat them so that they don't rust.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I dont want powder coating for headers, i want to coat them so that they don't rust.
as far as I know it's the same process.

the only coating I have seen that will not fail is Jet-Hot. everything else will fall off eventually.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Powder coating would melt with the heat. The ceramic won't.
there are multiple shops near me that do conventional powder coating of doodads and the coating of high heat parts like headers, pistons, combustion Chambers, valves, brake calipers, etc.
Good luck!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are multiple shops near me that do conventional powder coating of doodads and the coating of high heat parts like headers, pistons, combustion Chambers, valves, brake calipers, etc.
Good luck!
Yeah, near YOUR home, not mine....

·
Slow but willing learner
5,210 Posts
There are coatings other than regular powder coating available to your local shops. My powder coater uses a coating that is good to 1800 degrees. He does only do black and gray, however, because he says the other colors available tend to fade and change color over time with the heat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts