Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You´ll have to get in touch with your local customs office.
But I bet they won´t give you a solid figure though.
maybe they´ll give you a percentage figure.
When I have had stuff from the USA delivered by the USPS my post office likes to see the original invoice from the seller, just to make sure it tallies with the list on the box.
I don´t start paying import duty until the parts price goes over $200.00.
I´d be more worried about the shipping costs.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the shipping and and parts cost all determined, which really isn't too bad.[ 80 gpb shipping ] I assume it will be ups or whatever, but the shipper stated that it was door to door, so could that mean that its delivered , and I just pay tthe delivery guy? or have to pick up at the airport?

I never had to do this before,, so its all new to me,,

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
NEW INTERIORS said:
Be very careful buying from someone from the UK... :pain:
Oh Yeah!! I know,,, I have checked them out real good,, its a large co, not a individual,

Malc,,,, I don't have to pay duty on the shipping also do I? :nono:

The parts cost was 300 pounds.= $490, us, plus shipping of $130,

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
NEW INTERIORS said:
Just trying to watch your back,, Bad Rat.. :thumbup:
Thanks,, glad somebody is :D
Its a set of rear doors for my Anglia Thames Panel,,I have looked everywhere for a set,, anything origional is absolute junk,, and asking 5 - 600 bucks for junk,, these are some really nice doors

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Malc,,,, I don't have to pay duty on the shipping also do I?

I have paid duty on the shipping, the post office told me it´s a part of the price of the whole package.
The idea being if you did´nt order the parts you would´nt incurr shipping........... :confused: :confused: :confused:
But that´s the Spanish end of things yours may be different.

I´ve found the bigger the part it´s better to do airfreight, and collect from the airport, okay if you live near the airport.
USPS have a limit on package size but it seems not weight, the biggest item shipped to me by them was a pair of cylinder heads, yet a metal cowl induction scoop was too big. :confused: :confused: :confused:
A metal hoodscoop shipped with UPS Worldwide Expedited from Summit would cost me $309.42 in shipping, the part $149.75, I pickup the part at the airport.

UPS to the door, they get it through customs,they have agents, and you pay the import duty when they arrive at your door, they should contact you before turning up on your doorstep though.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Bad Rat said:
Its a set of rear doors for my Anglia Thames Panel,,I have looked everywhere for a set,, anything origional is absolute junk,, and asking 5 - 600 bucks for junk,, these are some really nice doors
Did you buy them from "Pop"Browns , they´ve been around some time now ?

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
Bad Rat said:

They do look nice Mr.Bill.. :thumbup: Do they come with the inter door also. And do they come attached ????

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
NEW INTERIORS said:
They do look nice Mr.Bill.. :thumbup: Do they come with the inter door also. And do they come attached ????

They come as complete doors inner and outter panels ,minus hinges,, but I have a set of original hinges,, but speedway sells repops,, steel backed side rails to attach the hinges and latch mechanisms to,, most other doors are really rough, mold seams not finished, and states that some finishing is required?? to me that means junk. :nono:

These are some origionals that a guy wanted 500$ for,, :nono:

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:thumbup:
malc said:
Three days ?
Did you get a shipping quote ?
Yes I did,, it was 300 # for the doors, and 80# for freight which totals $633.00 , have no clue what duty will be,, it is being shipped fed X I think, will be delivered to my door, and pay the pizza boy, :mwink:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
malc said:
That´s a fair price. :D

Its just according what the dutys will be, if its a good deal or not,, BUT when they are this hard to find,, and what they are wanting for beat up origonals, then YES this is a good deal,, as of this morning they were at the Fed/X terminal in Memphis Tenn, probaby get them Mon or Tue :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Over here we have "Value Added Tax" it was meant originally for luxury items not basic everday items.
Over the years it´s grown to include everthing, even food, I think the only thing still not covered is children´s clothing.
I digress too much here, what I intended to say was "VAT" is 16% and that´s about what I´m charged for importing, non life important goods.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
malc said:
Over here we have "Value Added Tax" it was meant originally for luxury items not basic everday items.
Over the years it�s grown to include everthing, even food, I think the only thing still not covered is children�s clothing.
I digress too much here, what I intended to say was "VAT" is 16% and that�s about what I�m charged for importing, non life important goods.
Sounds like the Clothing industry must have better lobbyist ,,,,,, :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.