Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a 78 Nova with all stock suspension front and rear. I have a 350 bored 60 over w/ stock heads that have been shaved lager vales roller rockers. etc.. w/ a comp cam 248/248 @ .050 with a lift of .525/.525, performer RPM intake with a holley 4160 750 cfm, MSD dist., 6AL box and stutter box, i have a new B&M tranny TH-350 w/ shift kit and a 2700 stall, i have 3.73 in the rear w/ a mini spool, but im in the proccess of building my 406 right now. the set up i have now w/ the 350 runs 13.2's every once in awhile 13 flat. I get alot of body roll and spining off the line and i know with the 406 im gonna have alot of problems with esp cz i going to a transbrake. so please any ideas or websites that sells suspension parts for a 78 nova please let me kno

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, i was thinking ladder bars to begin with but i want a weekend cruiser and my pops has ladder bars on his car and ride rough thats why im trying a different angle but if it comes down to it i will give the ride quality for fast track action

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another cheaper option might be solid leaf spring bushings and some standard traction bars, but I don't know how well that would work with a trans brake...hopefully somebody with more leaf spring experience will chime in here for ya.

Also, you might want to step up to a full spool with a trans brake...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.