Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo people, I locked my keys in the bird. I think I have a spare back home, easy enough just to have somebody send it to me, but I would rather have the instant gratification, lol. I just tried a minute with the bent coathanger thing, but since its late at night I didn't want anybody to think I was up to something strange lol. THe rubber seemed much too tight to get through, maybe its impervious to the old coat hanger trick? 77 bird, manual locks, auto windows... any idearrrrs?!?!

Thanks in advance,

K:smash: :spank: :nono: :confused:

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I would use somebodys AAA card and let them get me in or you can all the police to help.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
The cops used to unlock them for you with a Sslim Jim but I think they started calling a locksmith do do it. Some towns or municipalities might still have the cops do it though. Just make sure it's your car and you've had nothing to drink when you give 'em a call.:D

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I've unlocked cars with copper wire. Put the right bend in it so can get it around the lock thats on the top of the door panel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The tried and true coathanger can get you into almost any vehicle. If the gasket is real tight, get someone to help by pulling/prying on the top corner of the door. If you cant get at the lock knobs, try to hook the door handle or pushing the power door lock button. Don't get frustrated, it can be done...

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
slim jim is the best way to go , check any local garage nearby and you might get lucky, patience will get it eventually, a 77 isnt to hard to get into that was before all the big anti theft systems came out. good luck!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
how did you do it?

i remember one of the first posts of "no topic" was somthing like:

"i got up this morining, walked out to my truck and realized it was locked. then realized the keys were in my pocket. problem solved!"

:drunk: I MISS NO TOPIC!!

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
I see ya got it unlocked..Coolbeans man, I hate lockin myself out of the car I usually grab a metal clothes hanger or use a flat piece of metal and make my own slim jim. that works well also...good thing ya didnt have to use a brick heheh or did ya :p

Have a good one
Abe

·
Registered
467 Posts
You said "break in" right?
Take three or four D-cell batteries, put 'em in a sock and - well.. You know the drill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
any old school trick

dose you car have 1/4 vent windows? i know that some of our old ones , you can just twist the cap on the outside , then get someone with small arms to reach in.
or if your locks are old just try a key that is about the same size, worn lock will give in to anyone.
a knife will get around newish rubbers better than wire if you car has 1/4 vent windows and just flip the lock up.
well this is what i do when i lock the keys in and i have done it a few times.
hope i have been of some help.

3,214 Posts
As a tip for the future, consider this. A piece of that plastic strapping that they use on large boxes gets in thru the gaskets without cutting or tearing them. You double it over, and push it in between the doors or door and quarter panel. You can then move it around to "hook" the door lock button or handle. It is actually one of the tools that came in one of those "high dollar kits" that one of the guys at work bought. We had to use it to get inot a customer's car the other day. All of the other tools would not get in, but that one did.

Aaron

BTW... Keeping it in the trunk is like a woman keeping a spare key in their purse for when they lock their keys and purse in the car. LOL

·
Administrator
18,440 Posts
Good thing that you didn't lock it with the windows down.....If it rained you would have got the seats all wet, and no way to get in to do them up..................... :confused:

·
Gone fishin'
666 Posts
I finally broke down and bought some tool thing, I can't remember what its called, I got it for 3 bucks this last weekend to break into my own cars.

Ive gotten pretty good at it since I have bad door locks in the vette right now, and I keep having problems replaciing them (ordering the wrong ones, breaking the door handles, etc,etc)
I just finally Mcgyvered a little cable that hidden under the vette to pull on when ever I get locked out. It opens the back hatch. Saves me a lot of trouble :thumbup:

Brad

·
Registered
1 Posts
the blue tape is the oldest trick in the book, even better just ask the local 15yo boys to give you a hand, you know the type the ones that hang out at the shops to knock off you sound system once you are doing your shopping....they will get in , in 3 min flat..ha ha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts