Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to build a t bucket on a budget. I want to start with a spirit industries frame. A lot of the suspension parts seem to be pricey through the t bucket suppliers. Anyone have any tips and tricks on what works with what for a t bucket that can be built without going through suppliers? suspension, brakes and what not. Thanks

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Years ago, a fellow by the name of Chester Greenhalgh wrote a book titled "How to build a T-Bucket Roadster on a Budget"
I have one that is copyrighted 1990. The ISBN number is 0-87938-395-X. That's the number that the bookstores use to order it. It has been out of print for some time now, but you may be able to find a copy by googling for it or checking booksellers in your area.

The book outlines start to finish how to construct a bucket for $3000 to $5000, depending on how good you are at scrounging.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
6,391 Posts
There are a lot of used parts out there if you are willing to hunt around and are not in a hurry.

National tbucket alliance has a classified section. You can probably save more money on stuff other than suspension items. If you can scrounge gauges, steering column, brakes, seats and stuff like that you can save a lot. If you are good at fabricating at all you can save a ton by making some parts or retro fitting junkyard parts like rear ends.
No matter what, keep safety in mind during the whole build. As someone who has built a t-bucket I will tell you blue locktite is your friend, use it on everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.