Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't actually have a 6.5 in mine but my owners manual lists the tow capacity for diesel powered Silverado 2500s at 10,500lbs with either a 3.42 or a 4.10 gear. There is also a belt routing diagram under the hood for a 6.5 as well but my service manual doesn't list any engines other than the 5.3s and 6.0s for the 3/4 tons in those two years. I'm having a tough time finding any information so if anybody has got any ideas I'd be interested in hearing them. I figure they must exist somewhere or else they wouldn't have put the information in the owners manual. I'm thinking maybe some were installed in fleet vehicles but I can't find any information to back that up either.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually visit that site quite often and have posted the same question on their bulletin board as well. In the case you mentioned they are referring to the C/K series of pickups (previous generation) and not the 99-up Silverados. I did know the 6.5s were available in the older C/K. However, until I bought my Silverado I was not aware of any diesels being available in them until the Duramax in 2001.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts