Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new set available on my local auction site but the owner says there is no brand name - does anyone recognize it and recommend or steer me away from junk?

Not looking to do concourse work - even if I use it for primers and trim stuff

Thanks everyone

Attachments

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
ive got the same set and i wouldnt buy them if i were you. they say their hvlp but i cant get them to spray correct without atleast 25psi. they are ok for primer but if i had to do it over i wouldnt have got them.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
i thought id try the gun set again and see if i could do anything with them, maybe figure them out. with a 1.4 tip and paint mixed at 2:1 i had to have 60psi for them spray without any clots. any less it just poured out. and it still orange peeled. is there anything im forgetting to do to possibly fix this?

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Yeah a lot of people bought those and the company made a lot of money ,ripping us off...but you can still use it with some minor changes...just put it behind the tire to keep a car from rolling backwards and you'll get years of use out of it,my little jamb gun worked ok.the one time I used it.They look nice though ,dont they? They got me too...dont feel bad..

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
If I'm not mistakin devilbiss has a darn good gun for 150.00 but all those 20.00 guns are pretty much the same.If you got something you need to paint and cant afford a good gun I got a loaner its the old style syphon gun but a professional one thats only been used twice it sprays very well, its just not practical for my shop anymore but fine for learning with...10.00 will get it just about anywhere in the country 12-15.00 to canada your all welcome to it.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Lowes has them too,I bought one and it sprayed four cars very well then the pattern craped out...a couple months later I got another,same thing.They both sprayed real nice for a few cars.. good feel to it, adjusts well ,just wont hold up to long.Iwata,Sata and devilbis are the ones I like,200 -600.00 The main problem with the IR is theres a lot of very small holes in the cap and their very hard to clean out,I sharpend a tooth pick very sharp to fit in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.