Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has used this cam? I've herd its a great cam in a 383 and sounds wicked, even though sound doese not matter at all...I hate when some one gets a cam just based on sounds, lets just completley forget about performance,anyways I herd its best to use with at least 10.5:1cr and 4:11 rear gears, and pulls great from 3,000 and up . Anyone that has ever used this cam...it would be great to hear from you. Thanks

·
big Q
219 Posts
cant go wrong with

isky cams i remember my dad in the 60s calling the isky company with custom grind numbers for his engines and they always sent him a tee shirt for ordering
i had a drawer full of tee shirts
back in the day at freemont raceway -bellbottoms and isky cams tee shirt
long hair and army jacket
man i got get me a delorans back to the future car LOL

·
floppers forever
788 Posts
73camaro said:
Thanks alot guys. It's funny isky is such a good known company, but few guys now a days know about them

thats cuz people are reading mags that are owned by comp cams and alot of people belive everything they read tell they read conflicking articles and don't know what to belive,then they come here and get more conflicking veiws and really didn't learn anything.
i've seen what was to be the same cam grind by two different companys in identical sbc 355 and they ran totally different,both were dirt track late models on a 3/8 short track.both cars were running the same set up with gears also,both trans and diff.
both cams were degreed but only one was right as to what was being asked for.i will not give a bad name to any company the only reason i mentioned comp cams is because they seem to be the ones advertising in all the car mags.
like i said before you will have mixed opinions and companys tend to specialize in different types of builds,like if i was building a ford i might use a different brand then if i was building a chevy or old.

·
Registered
890 Posts
73camaro said:
Thanks alot guys. It's funny isky is such a good
known company, but few guys now a days know about them
Isky does not spend a ton of money on all the hype. They depend on
customers that recognize good quality, value, customer service and
performance. When I need reliability and proven performance for bracket
racing or a street rod, I buy a flat tappet shelf grind from Isky, been
doing so for almost 30 years. When I call, the person that answers
the phone is help full and knowledgeable. Sometimes I out run people
that have paid more than three time as much on their fancy valve trains.
Some folks don't realize that a good combination will normally out run a
poor combination with a trick of the month cam grind.

When I need all out performance, I go with a custom roller grind from Bullet,
Mr. John has never failed us.

This is not meant to be a sales pitch, merely personal preference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.