Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sacred Steel
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,
I'm looking for 54-56 Ford front end pictures where the steering linkage is if anyone has them. I am interested in the mounting locations for the steering box and idler arm bracket. I also need the distance between the frame where these two components bolt up and the length of the center link. I am trying to see if I can make Fatmans Rack & Pinion kit for the 54-56 Ford work on my T-bird with maybe a little modification. I have some other ideas also but i'm trying to look at all possible options before I decide what I am going to do. One good thing is that I have another 60 Tbird up on a rotisserie so I can mock up my steering system on that before I put it on my other one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have the service manual. I'm not sure if the dimensions are in it but I'll look. If they are I'll try to scan and post for you. I will hopefully be beginning to work on a 54 ford 2dr sedan. This one will be for me. The one I have pictures of posted is my father in laws. I have spent 12yrs building this one. I'm not going to build mine as "pretty". I think I want to go with the rock a billy rat rod look. Clean, minor customization, flat black, tail dragger. Dog dish hub caps and trim rings. Well anyway I'll let you know. Brian :thumbup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well I hope it helps. It is from the 52-54 ford service manual. That frame is from the 54 section. Good luck let me know how it turns out. Post some pictures if you can. Only a few more weeks til I get my new project. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :cool: Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.