Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could really use a rough measurement for mock up on mine. Im looking for a height measurement for the tip of the frame horn to the ground at ride height with stock leaf suspension and 15" wheels. Thank you very much in advance!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
I could tell you that a stock 1940 Pickup is 14 1/2" with stock 16" wheels and about 60 years of service. But, try this link:http://www.ford-trucks.com/ and ask the boys in the 47 to 51 section. I don't know what purpose you need to know that for, but you could figure it out your self by placing a jack under the front axle and jacking it up until the door sills were level (use a bubble level), and then measure down from the front horn to ground. Tire pressure, spring sag, etc all have to do with this measurement, nothing's perfect!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your reply! Ive got about the same with my 47 at 14 3/4" with 15" wheels before I tore it down for a drivetrain swap, the truck had no drivetrain in it when I received it so I was wondering how far off my measurement was. Im trying to get a rough measurement of ride height in the front as I havent received my new spindles yet and I have the rear suspension done. Thanks again and thanks for the link too! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
47 ford truck

Jimmy Geske said:
I could really use a rough measurement for mock up on mine. Im looking for a height measurement for the tip of the frame horn to the ground at ride height with stock leaf suspension and 15" wheels. Thank you very much in advance!!
this is bob 47 i have a 47 with 15 inch wheel's and themeasurment's are 14 and a half.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts