Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All.
I just got back from a hospital today. I was napping Sunday and my heart felt like it exploded. I got up and felt weird, but didnt go to the hospital till Monday. They took me by ambulance to Mt Carmel West in columbus. I had a bunch of tests and a ESP which is like a heart cath, but on the electrical side of it.
They think Im having severe sleep Apnea and my heart and breathing are stopping at night.
Anyway, 5 fays and Im home. Still feeling a little strange, but better. Still gotta go do the overnighter to get fitted for my breathing machine. Cya, HG

·
Kenneth Howard hates me...
129 Posts
Glad to hear it wasn't a heart attack Hemmi. My dad had sleep apnea too, he used a sleep machine for years. He was the worst snorer i have ever heard! Sometimes it would sound like he would "skip" a snore, that was his heart stopping for a second. The air machines are like strapping a supercharger to your face while you sleep :thumbup: They are pretty quiet, have a water reservoir so you don't dry out and put out a good flow.

C

·
Registered
115 Posts
do you mean ekg? I have had a bunch of those in the last few months. My dad has a mild version of that.

·
I'm lookin' to learn.
92 Posts
Are they (the Doctors) putting you on a "CPAP" machine or are they hooking you up to a oxygen saturation monitor for a few nights to record your levels?

Hope they figure it out soon so you can feel like yourself again.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta do another sleep over so they can adjust the pap machine there giving me. Im bout scared to sleep at night right now without it. Never know if it will be my last sleep or not. HG

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
Not that I've had the opportunity to get to know you yet as I'm quite new to the forum but wow~ scary stuff. Take care of yourself!

Kristen :)

·
ya just need a bigger hammer
46 Posts
Hope the best for ya Gremi.I worked will a guy that had sleep apnea and he had surgery and I'll be damned if he isnt a new man!He was never this much of a worker before the surgery and we kid him about them swaping in a new spine from a real man.Well stay healthy bro cant wait to see the gremlin smoking tires.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
About the Gremmi....

did you ever drop in the Caddy motor yet? I don't remember hearing about the swap yet??

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Stay strong Bro! I'm sure that you'll be able to find out whats wrong and get it fixed soon.
Sorry I couldn't make the swap meet this go around....maybe in November.
Later,
WEIMER

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
H.G., stay healthy, man. Let us know what the sleep machine is like, I've been putting this type of thing off for awhile, just can't see how anyone could sleep hooked up to a machine. Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts