Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Seems like a good idea but it might cause some problems depending on the diffrent valve covers out there. The base size should be close for all but you want it to fit right and depending how these fit it could cause a problem if they do fit nice that looks like a really nice thing there. you get hold downs and the wire loom I like that idea! lol I gotta do the same thing it bugs me having them across the valve covers like they are now it is also a + with tight places headers make being able to run the wires away from them.

Chris

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Cool man, thanks everyone for the help. I think I might order a pair and give them a shot. I guess you can get them in different colors as well.

Ya Royce, thats it, those look killer that way...so those are the Proform one's? by the way that car is the ****!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
72Nova383,
If I remember right I even bought mine from Sallee. At the time they were advertised as "GM Performance" looms, I also bought the valve covers back then too. I have since seen my same valve covers advertised as "Profrom", so I assume Proform bought the rights to those items or something like that.

Thanks for the compliment on the car, it is now down in your neck of the woods I sold it to a guy in southern Cali (I think Riverside). I kept the engine and trans, he had his own blown small block for it.

Royce

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
72Nova383,
I am building a 1961 Buick Skylark. It is a ways off yet, just getting started. I know you are asking yourself "Why would you sell a Camaro and get a 61 Skylark?" LOL Well just to be different. I have owned 6 Camaros (3-1970's) and I get tired of seeing so many at the race track and shows. I was looking for a Nova originally and came accross this Shylark and thought, I know I will be the only one at the show or track with a 61 Skylark, so I went for it. It will have my blown 388ci SBC in it, th400, Ford 9" etc... I hope to have it together by summer. I still have a lot of cutting and welding to do. Just ordered a bunch of parts and now I am waiting for them to show up so I can cut the frame and install new front crossmember and suspension. I will post pictures on my site as things start coming together, right now there isn't much to see, it is just a bare shell.

Royce

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,098 Posts
Hey Royce,
I have a customer who's looking to use those same valve covers. The description say's that the insides may need to be modified if used with aluminum roller rockers. Did you find that to be the case?

Bill

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Bill,
I have aloso heard they won't work with 1.6 rockers. I run 1.6 rockers but , they are the Comp Cams Pro Magnums (smaller than aluminum). I did have to remove the baffle.

I also ran some no name aluminum rockers 1.6 as well and they works ok, I did find a few "witness" marks inside the covers.

So to answer your question, it depends. If the rockers are the smaller bodies you whould be fine if they aren't you may have some issues.

Royce

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
You could also run them underneath the heads for a sanitary look.

Troy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.