Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) using push-loc fittings. They look easy to do and I'm considering using them for my fuel plumbing and maybe my trans cooler. Will they work for that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
They work well in pneumatic applications (I'm assuming you are reffering to the PVC/POLYFLO type tubing and fittings).But even under these circumstances heat will cause deterioration and failure over time.I have never seen them used for fluids though.I definitely would not trust using them for oil and especially gas.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
We've been using push-loc style hoses and fittings for years on race cars. We've used them on Oval Track cars for 16 or 17 years without any issues. Depending on where you're planning on using them, and the type of racing double check with your tech official to make sure they're OK with them. Even if they are technically legal some tech guys won't let you run em :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've never had any problems with pushlock. I've used them for fuel line, oil pressure line and tranny cooler lines. You should be able to get this kind of stuff from a local place too. They sell them in alluminum, brass and steel. When you put them together, heat the hose a little and use a lubricant. It makes it a lot easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.