Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought some summit parts and they should be arriving faily soon, i was just wondering if anyone has any comments on them. i ordered a cam kit, SUM_K1103 and their headers and a true timing chain. if anyone has any thing to say about summit brand parts let me know. THanks Marc

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
I have the K1104 cam in my SBC.No problems out of it.I also have Summit brand turbo mufflers on my ElCamino.No problems.They are not going to put their name on a bad part, it would spell disaster for them if they labeled their parts and they were junk.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I buy from them all the time and have never been dissapointed. I have one of their blueprinted HEI dist. in my Chevelle and its works great.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Summit Parts

Over the years, I have probably dropped $3000 in Summits coffers, even using the "store brand" stuff, and have never had a complaint about any of it. I heartily recommend them as a source for what will feed your appitite.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I have used some of the Summit brand parts and I have had good and bad experiences with them. Most of their parts are actually some other brand put in their packaging (cheaper generic packaging).

I did buy an electric pump and regulator (Summit brand) and it was the biggest pile of junk I ever used. They no longer sell the one I bought (for good reason). The good thing is Summit typically will take care of any issues you may have.

I am trying to think of a few other experiences but, can't remeber right off hand.

I deal pretty much exclusively with Summit and have spent MANY thousands of dollars with them. I tend to steer away from most of the Summit brand stuff. I hear it is better than it used to be though. I plan on trying one of their fuel cells real soon.

Royce

·
Time is short, are you ready?
655 Posts
camaroman7d said:
I did buy an electric pump and regulator (Summit brand) and it was the biggest pile of junk I ever used. They no longer sell the one I bought (for good reason). The good thing is Summit typically will take care of any issues you may have.
Most of the Summit Parts I have purchased were fine. I have a friend who also had problems with a Summit fuel pump and regulator. I emphasized the in the above quote that they will take of any issues you may have.

When I first purchased the Edelbrock Pro-Flo system, I had some problems after the money back guarantee period expired. They referred me to Edelbrock, but I was stuck with the system. Summit offered to sell me an intake, 4 barrel carb, and HEI distributor at cost. Let's just say they are making one heck of a profit! Anyway, it turned out to NOT be the Pro-Flo but a cam gone bad. But my point here is that Summit has customer service second to none. Rest assurred you will be fine with the Summit parts or they will make it right. Ed www.edgesz28.com

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have dealt with Summit for close to 15 years. I also have even got an engine when they had the Engine Shop open and now have a set of their prepared-Sportsman heads. I never had a problem with anything they sold. They stand behind what they sell.

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
I use so much of their stuff they sent me a free Summit windbreaker w/ my name embroidered on it a few years ago! We had this discussion a couple of years ago on the board. I recall the consensus was the Crane made Summit's cams and they are top notch. I never had one problem with one.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I too have bought Summit parts.
Never had a problem as of yet. I bought a cam kit for my blower motor Im building, so I hope there good service continues. HG

·
Glad the Jeep is on the road
809 Posts
On my way to see them at the showroom for a few odds and ends tomorrow morning. If you can find a reason to get within an hour of Akron, Ohio, it's worth the trip.........

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Summit

Got to stop in Tallmadge, Ohio in March 03, just shortly after they opened the new store on I-76. That is Toyz for Boyz, big time. Anyone gets a chance, ya gotta see this one. The awesome cars sitting around on the floor, hanging from the Ceilings and walls are fantastic.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've put several summit cams in daily drivers for myself and others. I haven't had any problems with them. They will work ok for general purpose performance stuff and mild braket racing. If you're trying to be the fastest guy in your class you need to get a cam custom ground for your application.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
From what I have heard Scat makes the summit cranks. The only difference is that they have smaller fillets on them so you don't have to run special bearings. I had a budy that put a 383 into a 3/4-ton Burb 1-pc rear main and TBI. It ended up breaking the front snout off the crank and taking out the entire block:eek: I think in this case I would fork over the small extra ammount and get the non-summit brand Scat crank because they use larger fillets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts