Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67 cutlass changing from 2bbl to a 4bbl intake and q-jet off another 67 olds.

will have a shop do it but curious abou the going rate for this type work for the labor only.

from what i can tell, it is real straight forward except tuning the carb or am i missing something?

thanks...

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,938 Posts
You'd never get anyone to do it in my neck of the woods. Shops just don't like doing it. They would probably charge per hour rather than flag time.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Rate

Doc here::pimp:

Johsongrass is right, ...Find out what your local shop rate is and multiply by about 3 to 4 hours (depending on the complexity of your car)..ours here is $99.00 per hour...

Plus gaskets about $30 bucks for an Intake set, intake/head and thermostat/Manifold and Carb to Manifold

You may want to consider new thermostat, New hoses (Water, Vacuum and Fuel) and anything that MAY go bad or break in the swap, like ancient temp senders, etc...

Why not do it yourself? As you said, It's pretty much a straight forward job, you can get a manual to assist you, or If your manifold is new, should come with instructions.

If your inclined, you can save yourself a bundle of cash...

Doc :pimp:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.